JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com .
CIB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Independent ongoing identification, monitoring and control of business unit market risk
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments
- Analysis of aggregated risks and tail risk exposure
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
CIB Risk is seeking a Senior Associate level professional for the CIB Market Risk Public Finance Coverage team, based in New York. The role will be a part of a trading floor based team covering the Public Finance Municipal business which includes Syndicate, Long Term and Short Term Trading desks.
- Act as a key point person for the analysis and integrity of the risk sensitivities that measure the risks taken by the trading desks.
- Liaise with the groups that produce the sensitivities including Risk Reporting, Product Control, and Operations, as necessary.
- Attend meetings with other groups involved with markets to include Research, Finance, and the Trading Desk heads
- Communicate effectively with Senior Management regarding the risk appetite of the Trading Desk Heads
- Escalate concerns when deemed necessary based on independent judgment and/or market scenarios
- Assess the appropriateness of business risk and reward profiles and working with the desk on new large or complex transactions
- Provide in depth analyses for trade approvals, deep dives, and objective assessment on risk appetite
- Understand and lead improvements in VAR and Stress Testing methodologies on the positions taken by the Municipal Trading desks
- Assist in the development of new tools or projects to enhance our risk management capabilities
- Coordinate and prioritize deliverables relating to VaR & Stress enhancements with colleagues in VaR methodology, quantitative research, model review, Risk and technology
Work with technologists in the business and Risk around strategic and tactical initiatives
A successful candidate will combine strong project management and excellent communication skills, with an understanding of the Municipal markets, risks and technology infrastructure to improve controls, efficiency and consistency across the business.
- Market Risk or other risk management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Municipal products and interest rate markets required. Experience with Credit products a plus.
- Understand Public Finance related headlines and regulatory rules as they are released and ability to synthesize key takeaways for Market Risk.
- Strong project management skills, ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively absolutely critical.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as coordinate across a global team.
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills are required.
- Clear oral and written communication in English is required.
- Proficiency in Excel is required. Knowledge of VBA is preferred.
- Experience working with MaRRS, WOPR, Kapital and/or Athena a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree a plus.