New York | Full Time
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Public Finance Full-time Analyst or Associate
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for full-time, experienced Analysts or Associates to join the Public Finance team immediately in New York City and possibly other locations domesticallyICG offers investment and corporate banking services and products for corporations, governments, and institutions around the world.
Responsibilities may include:
- Learn a client’s historical financing trends
- Research past uses of debt or derivatives and provide an overview of client’s debt position
- Participate with bankers and clients in meetings and conference calls to review current market conditions and formulate future capital programs
- Apply new financing, optimization, and hedging strategies to financial transactions based on the client’s financing needs
- Assist in the execution of transactions.
- Present documentation and pricing to investors and rating agencies
- Credit and internal approvals, policy compliance, client entertainment, and deal closing coordination.
- Research market, credit, tax, regulatory, accounting, legal, policy and issuer-specific issues relating to prior or future transactions
We want to hear from you if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in any major from a distinguished academic institution, with a solid academic performance
- You have 1-3 years of experience in public finance
- You have strong quantitative and analytics skills; quantitative majors a plus
- Your writing skills are superior
Who we think will be a great fit…
- We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to continue their careers, naturally curious, and interested in business. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Ability to tackle problems with creative solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Confidence and comfort with clients and senior executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Success working on a team
Depending on relevant experience, we will consider the appropriate title to offer qualified candidates (either Analyst or Associate)