Norwalk, CT, October 16, 2018 — Registration is now open for an upcoming webinar that will provide an overview of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board’s recently issued Preliminary Views (PV), Financial Reporting Model Improvements. The PV is intended to elicit feedback from stakeholders on the Board’s current thinking regarding targeted improvements to the financial reporting model.
IN FOCUS: GASB Preliminary Views, Financial Reporting Model Improvements, will take place on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, from 2:00 to 3:40 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Participants in the live webinar (which is offered free of charge) will be eligible for up to 2 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credit (participants are encouraged to preregister). (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webinar will feature, Roberta Reese, GASB senior project manager; Lisa Parker, GASB senior project manager; Scott Reeser, GASB supervising project manager; Jacqueline Roberts, GASB postgraduate technical assistant; and Christian Romanelli, GASB postgraduate technical assistant. Dean Mead, GASB senior research manager, will moderate the webinar. Areas covered will include:
- Recognition concepts and application for governmental funds, including alternative views
- Presentation of governmental fund financial statements
- Presentation of proprietary fund financial statements
- Budgetary comparison information schedule
- Communication of major component unit information
- Schedule of government-wide expenses by natural classification
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Participants will have the opportunity to email questions to the panelists during the event.
An archive of the webinar will be available on the GASB website after the live event. (CPE credit will not be available to those who view only the archived webinar).
For more information about the webinar, visit www.gasb.org.