Date and Time: Jan 9 2019 – 2:00pm to 4:00pm EST
- Emily S. Brock – Director, GFOA
- Peg Henry – Deputy General Counsel, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Alexandra M. MacLennan – Partner, Squire Patton Boggs LLP
Who Will Benefit:
All GFOA members and members of the public interested in gaining knowledge of the of industry best practices in regard to the new amendments governing the disclosure requirements associated with municipal securities.
The new Amendments to SEC Rule 15c2-12, effective February 27, 2019, are an effort to provide additional financial information to investors where an issuer may have material financial obligations that could impact bond holders. Governments will have to state in continuing disclosure agreements entered on or after the effective date that they will disclose to the market any new and material financial obligations and notify the market when an outstanding or new financial obligation reflects material financial difficulties. Throughout this course, instructors will discuss GFOA and industry best practices to ensure issuers are prepared for the new requirements.
Those who successfully complete this seminar should be able to:
- interpret the new amendments
- understand the industry professionals’ function and recommendations for implementation
- explore improved policies and procedures to ensure effective implementation