Start Date: 1/23/2019 2:00 PM EST
End Date: 1/23/2019 3:00 PM EST
Free Webinar Hosted by XBRL US
Can XBRL financial data standards increase efficiency in state and local government reporting? Join representatives from XBRL US and NASACT on January 23 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time to find out.
Thousands of U.S. state and local governments produce annual financial reports, but the lack of standards makes it difficult to aggregate data and compare government entities. Financial data standards could improve efficiency by rendering reported data computer-readable and fully automated.
Attend this free 60-minute webinar to learn how standards can help comptrollers, auditors, and treasurers, as well as end users of municipal data including investors and credit rating agencies. Find out how you can get involved.
- R. Kinney Poynter, CPA, NASACT Executive Director
- John Reidhead, CPA, Director, State of Utah, Division of Finance
- Shannon Sohl, CPA, Ph.D., Sr. Research Associate – Northern Illinois University’s Center for Governmental Studies
- Marc Joffe, Chair, XBRL US State and Local Disclosure Modernization Working Group; Senior Policy Analyst, Reason Foundation
- Michelle Savage, Vice President, Communication, XBRL US
This event is being hosted by XBRL US and is free to attend, with an option to participate and earn 1 CPE for $49 ($39 NASACT and XBRL US Members) – look for details in the registration confirmation. NASACT members can use the discount code NASACT member.
Questions should be directed to Michelle Savage at XBRL US by email or (917) 747-1714.