Gilmore & Bell, P.C., one of the leading public finance law firms in the United States, is seeking an associate attorney for full-time or flexible hours to join our Kansas City office. Our offices are located in the Crown Center area close to restaurants, the street car, and shopping. We offer a friendly, relaxed and collaborative office environment and excellent benefits.
- Represent states, counties, and other governmental and quasi-governmental entities or 501c3 organizations as bond counsel in bond and lease financings, economic development incentives and public-private partnerships.
- Act as underwriter’s counsel and bank counsel in public finance transactions.
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- 1-4 years work experience, public finance/bond counsel experience not required
- Interest in transactional legal work
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy and commitment to excellence
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who can successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Hardworking and a team player
- Able to fully embrace our firm culture of “Smarter, Faster, Nicer”
Preferred But Not Required:
- Prior work experience in public finance or tax
- General knowledge of municipal finance and bond terminology
To apply for this opportunity and start your career with our firm, please send a resume, transcript, and cover letter to [email protected]