On-Demand Webinar | August 26.2021 | 2pm – 3pm (Eastern Daylight Time)
Panelists on this Web Seminar will discuss and analyze the issuance of pension obligation bonds from the decision-making perspective of an issuer, sharing examples of principal considerations that an issuer’s finance managers and governing board members are called to consider prior to moving forward with a pension obligation bond (POB) issuance:
- How and why to consider the refunding of unfunded pension liabilities with POBs?
- What market conditions make POBs one tool to combat rising pension costs?
- What is needed (board study sessions, policies, etc.) to responsibly move forward with a POB issuance?
- How much unfunded pension liability should an issuer consider refunding with POBs?
- What happens if conditions (stock market, actuarial assumptions, etc.) change after POBs are issued?
Donald Field, a partner with Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, will lead an experienced panel through these and other critical questions. The focus of the panel will be to share recent market experience with issuers considering POBs, particularly governing board members and those who might be tasked with presenting for governing board consideration the how’s and why’s of POBs as an effective tool to address rising pension costs, and the development of pension funding policies for best financial practices.
City Manager, City of Huntington Beach
Managing Director, KNN Public Finance
Managing Director & Executive Committee Member, Stifel
Co-Founder and Partner, New Reality Media, LLC
(Bond Buyer Moderator)
Click here to watch the webinar.