January 13, 2022
The Alliance for Excellence in School Budgeting is a group of 100-plus school districts working on implementing GFOA’s Best Practices in School Budgeting. A part of the Smarter School Spending initiative, the Alliance first met in 2015 and includes a diverse group of districts from across the United States. The annual meeting of the Alliance includes senior staff from academic and finance learning, sharing and networking with their peers from other districts to improve their budgeting and planning processes. Topics covered at the annual meeting will include using GFOA’s school budgeting roadmap and self assessment tool, developing strategic finance plans, finance/academic collaboration, and stakeholder engagement.
This session will include topics and speakers over four (4) days and features a mix of presentations, small group discussions, and interactive exercises.
- Network, share, and learn from outside experts and your Alliance peers
- Complete a self-assessment to determine next steps for your district in improving its budget process
- Learn more about the key areas of GFOA’s Best Practices in School Budgeting
- Learn tips, advice, and tricks from others working to implement the best practices – and how to deal with pressing issues.
- Gain perspectives on budget process pain points from your academic or finance peers
Click here to learn more and to register.